Camp season is beginning.
If you’re looking forward to this year’s camping fun, we have a number of resources from Brotherhood Mutual to help you plan a safe, enjoyable camp experience for your church groups. Here are some of the best, bundled and ready for you to read:
- Guidelines for Camp Ministries – provides information and step-by-step instructions on a variety of camp-specific topics such as: screening procedures, supervision, counseling, work restrictions, and discipline. It also includes sample forms customized for camp purposes.
- Checklists for Camps – a book of checklists that’s especially helpful to those who plan several camps each year for different age groups
- Camp Safety Tips – an article that helps camps evaluate their camp’s current safety program
- Water Safety – whether in a pool, lake, or pond, be ready to keep water activities safe
Deacon’s Bench Resources:
- Floating Inflatable Fun – Floating inflatables are becoming a popular attraction at camps. This article outlines what could go wrong, and how camps and leaders can prepare to keep kids safer.
- Driving Without Distraction – Keep your ministry safe on the way to and from camp. Learn what types of distractions can cause accidents, and reduce the risks of accidents.
- Charlie Valor, Issue 3 – “The Complicated World of Charlie Valor” comic book series was created for youth ministries. The third issue, “The Legend of the Deep Lake Monster,” focuses on camp activities and water safety in particular.
Camper Medical Coverage
Church camps and retreats are a lot of fun, but there is always the potential for accidents and injuries. Brotherhood Mutual’s Camper Medical Coverage is an optional medical liability coverage that provides payment of designated medical expenses sustained by campers at your camp or retreat facility.
You can find a broad range of resources at Brotherhood Mutual’s Safety Library